Sunday, April 16, 2006

After YEARS of waiting on me....



Hello Friends!

Ok… here's the exciting news… Nils and I are engaged!!! If you've got a few minutes to read the details, here's how it happened…

On Friday, April 14th, we had a dinner planned at Ruth's Chris to reward ourselves for a solid month and a half of consistent working out (which for some of us meant living it up in Miami, but that's another story J). Nils picked me up and we went to the Stephen F. Austin for a drink outside then headed over to Ruth's Chris for some delicious steak. Nils was ultra-sneaky and asked ME to make reservations, so we were both shocked when our waiter greeted us BOTH by name. Nils convinced me that the manager had greeted him on the way in, and must have passed his name onto the waiter – what service! So we ate a delicious meal and then Nils asked me to choose a dessert for us while he excused himself to go to the restroom. I chose a dessert… waited for him to come back… waited a little more for him to come back… but then the hostess came to the table and handed me a note. It instructed me to go outside where a cab was waiting for me (it even rhymed!). So I went outside and got in the cab where I found another note… which instructed me to use the enclosed key once I got to the next destination. The taxi took me to the Four Seasons and I quickly hopped in the elevator. When the elevator door opened, Nils was on the other side…. freaking out. Apparently the hostess was supposed to wait a little longer to give me the note and the cab driver was supposed to drive me around a bit instead of driving me straight to the Four Seasons (as an aside, I don't blame him for taking me straight there. If there was a hyperventilating girl in the back of my car I'd want her out as soon as possible too). Anyway, when I saw Nils when the elevator opened, he said "Ahhhh!!! Go back downstairs… come back in five minutes… (on top of me being early, his zippo ran out of juice when he was lighting candles so he was running downstairs to get some matches.) I came back upstairs and went into the room (which had a gorgeous lake view) to find rose petals and candles everywhere. On the table was the same wine we'd had on our first date, along with strawberries and fondue (which we also had on our first date), and another note. This note told me to hit play on the dvd player… so I did… and watched this amazing half hour video Nils had put together that spanned our relationship pretty much from the moment we met until now. It was so incredible. I didn't know it, but Nils was hiding in a closet in the room the whole time… so at the end of the video, our song came on and Nils came out, got on one knee and proposed… (I said yes).

So it was a fairy tale proposal and it looks like we'll live happily ever after ;) We'll keep you all updated on the details to come.

I hope you all are doing well and can't wait to see you soon!

Julie

No comments: