
I think this trip deserves multiple posts so that I can get in just how much fun I had with you. I know it was an ‘intense’ Nils-style vacation filled with lots of walking, hiking, diving, swimming, eating and not all that much sleeping but man was it fun. I think if I had broken this vacation down and just had even one of the days of adventure it would still have been one of the best trips ever. Where to start? Well, the landscape of The Big Island was something to behold. It was far more varied from a microclimate perspective than I would have ever imagined. Snow, rain, heat, wind, hot, cold you name the climate it would only take you about 30 minutes to experience them all at once. I’m pretty sure that in the week that we were there we experienced each one multiple times. The sunsets were obviously also remarkable. Splashed with a backdrop of palm trees, waves and colors that the finest painted couldn’t capture with a brush and the most eloquent writer couldn’t describe with a pen. In our group we had some troopers and others that weren’t as eager to trek to the unknown. We were however greatly rewarded when we did get to our destinations. The green sand beach, the unhabited beach through the lava field, waterfalls that must have been hundreds of feet high, black sand beaches and of course…the SCUBA diving. If I had to pick one dive to do with you again it might be the Manta Ray dive. It had elements of danger, beauty, and calmness all wrapped into a 45 minute adventure into the dark Hawaiian waters. I really enjoyed also getting to know your family and the Stones more on this trip. It’s a big relief to know that we all get along (even when traveling).
No comments:
Post a Comment