Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Your second visit to the motherland






Supportive. Patient. Caring. Amazing. The list goes on when I think about how wonderful you were when we went back to Belgium. I have so many memories from growing up that I associate with being back in Belgium that to now have so many amazing memories of being with you in Belgium with me puts a huge smile on my face. Thank you so much for listening to my grandma ramble on, I can tell that she loves you so much and I am so glad that you’ve gotten to know her a little bit. My grandpa, while usually a bit tougher to crack also thinks the world of you. We had some really fun times on this trip didn’t we? I’m not sure why I go back to my translating English into English for you every time I think about the Belgium part of that trip. You were finally able to buy some ‘discount’ shoes which I know you’ve been dying to do for a long time since you went to Belgium for the first time. We also managed to consume more French fries with curry ketchup in a span 5 days than I’ve done in the last 5 visits to Belgium. Thank goodness that you were able to sneak in the contraband. I’m talking about the, ugh, mustard of course. The walk with my mom and seeing the both of you smoke that cigar was classic. I’m already anxious for us to go back to Europe and explore more parts of Belgium and see more family.

No comments: